Acquiring global talent with ease
Immigration Law Has Evolved
As a response to client demand for a more concentrated and focused national offering on immigration, McCarthy Tétrault evolved its existing Immigration Law Practice and launched MT>iplus.
Talent sourcing and migration are vital to a company’s strategy in driving success. New hires and current employees need to move with ease and the MT>iplus platform is equipped with lawyers and legal professionals experienced in navigating immigration matters and familiar with the sensitivities of immigrating.
MT>iplus offers the optimal level of legal immigration support and personal attention tailored to client needs, including:
- Obtaining temporary residence, including work permits (Labour Market Impact Assessments and International Agreements, such as NAFTA), study permits, and temporary resident visas;
- Obtaining permanent residence (Express Entry, provincial programs, family sponsorships), renewing permanent residence cards, and advising on permanent resident status;
- Obtaining Canadian citizenship and advising on citizenship issues;
- Advising employers regarding immigration laws and obligations, compliance and audits, and global mobility policies;
- Advising on and preparing applications relating to inadmissibility.
To stay competitive within the Canadian market, businesses often need to arrange for workers quickly. With a deep understanding of the practical realities of resettling foreign talent, and the range of pressures placed on companies, we develop strategies that address the legal aspect and the personal nature of immigration. Our value to clients includes:
- Creativity. In high stakes and time sensitive situations, our creative approach achieves results for clients, including those for whom success has been otherwise elusive.
- Personal attention. Due to the personal nature of immigration law, clients may feel scared, often rushed, and at the mercy of the system. The MT>iplus team members are not solely focused on the business nature of the process. We provide a personalized experience, addressing both immigration regulations and operational realities with empathy, kindness, and respect.
- Industry connections. Our team maintains a dialogue with senior government officials and other immigration related stakeholders. This ensures clients have access to current and timely information, and strategic advice on the intricacies of Canadian immigration law and legislation.
- National presence. Addressing the needs of clients across Canada, MT>iplus operates where you need us, with offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montréal and Québec City.
- Global reach. With expertise in international mobility issues for both workers and businesses alike, and supported with the resources of all the firm’s offices, we effectively provide comprehensive business immigration services in key domestic and global markets.
MT>iplus is part of a growing list of the firm’s new and innovative business lines, which includes MT>3 (data management services), MT>Play (global gaming consultancy), and MT>Align (legal support services).